Sunday, October 18, 2009

Beautiful Person Q1

The first task is :
Describe the characteristics of a beautiful person.

Wow. That really is a hard question to ask. There are so many different levels of beauty. I could think of three different main levels that I take into account to describe a beautiful person just when i first meet someone. First, I take a look at how they look physically, I try to see whether that person has a pretty face, nice eyes, etc. The second thing I look at is how that person comes across in their actions and way of speaking, are they charismatic, do they have something unique about them that interests me personally? The third thing that I look at is their personality. I truly cannot like someone or think of them as beautiful unless they really have a good personality, or at least, are not cruel or mean. That to me, distorts the person's looks to the point that it really doesn't matter how physically pretty they are or charismatic, and just makes them seem disgusting and hard to be around. But even so, how do you really decide whether some one's personality is good or bad, or looks are pretty or not.

Part of the problem is that everyone has their own idea of beauty, physical and emotional, and it depends partially on the culture and that own person's preferences. I really like people with a nice bone structure in their face, soft hair (black is personally my favourite, although it does depend on the skin tone) and lovely eyes (i am a sucker for dark blue eyes ;) ) and that partially has to do with how i was brought up, surprisingly, in Canada, those looks are hard to find. But most of it has to do with the fact that those looks would never suit me, so i appreciate it more on someone who it does, because that would not look good on me. That is another factor that is important. People always seem to want what they cannot have, therefore, they rarely choose looks or appearances similar to their own. My brunette friends are always saying that they wish they were blond. My blond friends always complain that black hair looks nicest. People with brown eyes always want blue or green, people with green eyes, say that brown or blue looks better. The cycle goes on. Straight-haired people always seem to like curly hair and vice-versa. Really, it is interesting whenever I have a variety of people surrounding me and the topic goes to looks, everyone seems to be jealous of each other, and not appreciate their own looks.
Which is why, it is really hard for a large group of very different people to decide out of another group of varying people, which is really "beautiful". In fact, there is a reality show based on that purpose where a group of people in a house try to fill challenges to last the longest, and all the tasks are to fit features of being an overally beautiful person. These qualities that they test range from personality, to looks, to perspectives. Overall, the show seems pretty stupid, the original message is meaningful. It really all depends on what you are looking for in a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment